8/23/11

Vitamin F

Why do I have a variety of friends who are all different in character ?
Some of them have obvious flaws, but then, so do I?.
How do I get on with them all ?
I think that each one helps to bring out a "different" part of me...
With one of them I am polite and as refined as I can manage.
I joke a lot with another.
I talk about serious matters with one.
With another I laugh a lot.
I share a glass of wine with one ,
And dance on occasion with another.
I listen to one friend's problems and give them advice,
Then I listen to another advising me.
They are all like pieces of a jigsaw,
When completed they form a treasure box.
A treasure of friends!
They are my friends who understand me better than I myself do, who support me through good days and bad days.
They are the anti-depressants that I need to make it through life.
Doctors tell us that friends are good for our health.
Dr. Oz calls them Vitamins F (for Friends) and recounts the many benefits of friends to our well being.
Research shows that people in strong social circles have less risk of depression and terminal strokes. If you take Vitamin F constantly you can be a lot younger than your physical age. The warmth of friendship reduces stress and candecrease your risk of cardiac arrest or stroke.
We should all value our friends and keep in touch with them.

No comments:

Site Meter