11/4/10

A mission of healing from God by Debbie Bliss (gardenangel)

You have heard of people hearing God speak to them, and you ask them how?  You pray all the time for God to hear your prayers, and think He never answers.  You tell others you just don’t feel God in your life and you feel that He has left you. 
I had a dream that is an answer to a long asked prayer to heal my church and I feel I really need to tell you about it.
When I first walked into my church for the first time I felt at home, I felt like everyone there was a family.  I was going to be a new member to this wonderful warm loving family.  Slowly over time that feeling slipped away.  I don’t remember when or even how it just went away.  I have not gone to church in a long time, but I have never stopped praying for my church to find that family feeling again.
The other night I had a dream.  In this dream God gave me a mission.  It wasn’t going to be an easy mission.  It would depend on moving others to join this mission without telling them how to accomplish their part of the mission.  I had to trust that God would lead each person to find their own way to full fill their individual part in this mission.  I knew that if all of the people involved in this mission would trust in God our church could start to heal and I could go home.
My mission was to get the promise of the dream out to all the people of the church.  I was to send every member of our church a card, a very specific kind of card.  The first part of the card was a quote which I never heard before “Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.”  I’m a member of a card company where you can send out online cards.  I look through all the cards for the right card to use for the mission.  I saw many cards that would work for the mission, but none of them had anything to do with this quote.  I just wrote in the search religion and pulled up all the cards after not finding the right card.  There on the second page was a card with a rocky shoreline and a lighthouse, and in the corner were the exact words of the quote from my dream from Christopher Reeves.  So I have the card now for the hard part.
Almost a year before I had given a song to one of the women of our choir she has the most spiritual, beautiful voice that always lifts me up.  I asked her if she would listen to it and one day sing it in church.  She listened to it and loved it, but she didn’t know when or how it would fit into a church sermon.  This song is “Thankful” by Josh Groban; it’s a fill in song on his “Noel” Christmas album.  It’s really not a Christmas song but from the first time I heard it it’s spoke to me.   I have since shared it with many people and it always gives them hope.  It helps them to look beyond their pain and move through it.   It has never been released by Josh, but to me it’s my favorite song.  The lyrics to this song would be printed on the inside of the card.  At the bottom of the lyrics I wrote “this is my prayer for my church.  Will you pray with me?”  I was to send this card out to every member in the church directory, not skipping one member.  Not a small task, but I knew God would help me get through it, and He did. 
Another task in this mission was to get the pastor to write a sermon to go with this song, and to get the singer to sing the song.  I haven’t been to church in a long time.  So to convince them to do this was almost harder than sending out 250 cards to the congregation.  I didn’t know how I would accomplish this part of the mission.  Yet I knew God would give me the words I needed to convey His message.  I knew it was going to happen cause God showed me in the dream how it would happen, I was there and my soul knew it was real.  So I called the singer and she said she would look into it.  I wrote an email to the pastor and attached the song and lyrics.  I told him about the dream and the mission God had placed on my heart.  After I did both these things I prayed God would speak to each of them and help them decide what and how this would be done. 
The next day I received a call from the pastor saying that he would indeed write the sermon with the song.  The plan was to have the sermon the last Sunday of Nov, the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  When he said this I got goose bumps all over my body as this is the same day I saw in my dream.
Just the thought of all this is amazing to me.  The mission God placed in my heart is happening.   God has answered my prayer.  I’m going home. 
(The lyrics to "Thankful" are already on this blog.)

No comments:

Site Meter