1/27/09

Thought for the Day by Garden Angel


I received one of those question things last night and it really got me thinking. The one questions was what are you afraid of? The sender wrote "being alone". I thought about it and I sent the same reply. Then after I sent it I thought; is that really what I'm afraid of? For as a Christian I am never alone. God is always with me to talk to, to walk with, to cry with and to share all my pain with, He is always with me no matter what.


Then I thought, what am I afraid of? Death, no not really for I know I will be in heaven with my Lord and Savoir. Is it pain? no, to me pain lets me know that I'm alive, and I know there is no pain worse than what the Lord my God suffered for me on the cross.


I guess what I'm really afraid of is losing the ability to communicate with others.


When I first got sick with HE I lost the ability to speak clearly. I prayed so hard for God to give me back my speech. Of all the things that first terrible round of HE took it was the one thing I wanted back the most. It took a yr and a half to find a dr who was willing to try treating me.


After treatment the first thing that came back was my speech. I have praised God everyday since then. For if I can't tell you how my life has changed since I got this mysterious disease what purpose do I have. I need to tell you how God has guided me though the darkness into the wonder of His light. With out speech how can I tell you the wonder of it all. For I truly believe that when I got HE it was for a purpose. It was to bring His light to all my new FMily, to all who have lost all hope and are lost. I try to bring God's light to anyone lost in the darkness. For even if there is pain and suffering, hopelessness and despair there can still be hope.


2 Corinthians 4:8-9
We have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated. We do not know what to do, but we do not give up hope of living. We are persecuted, but God does not leave us. We are hurt sometimes, but we are not destroyed.


2 Corinthians 1:34
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is the Father who is full of mercy and all comfort. He comforts us every time we have trouble, so when others have trouble, we can comfort them with the same comfort God gives us.


Thought for the day...Have you asked God what his purpose is for you? And have you really listened to His answer

No comments:

Site Meter