1/27/09

Angel of Living

“We walk the road of life with many questions. Our thoughts become our reality. If we believe in our everlasting spirit we will live each day with reverence and awe. The body and soul that does not believe cannot truly live. To live is to love and to love is to have God in our hearts. Living is receiving knowledge. Know that we are provided with an abundance of riches. Tapping into the soul’s riches is tapping into our heart. When we unlock the passageway, we find ourselves on a journey, a journey to oneness with God. To breathe as if we were at one with God is to breathe life. Share your breath of life with others, and let the opulence overflow.

 Answers are given when our thoughts are transformed into ideas. When we live with loving and peaceful thoughts, we will create loving and peaceful actions. Remember that God is the highest good. It is our choice to hold that good in our hearts. May you be surrounded with the light of love and the light of direction. The only true light that exists is that of God. Hold on to it and walk in the light. Live your life as a child of God.”

By Samara Anjelae

With so many of my dear friends going though so many different difficult times I think this “Angel Prayer” applies to all of us. Life some time is just not fair or easy. For me, I believe that God is with me always. It isn’t always easy to give your burdens to the Lord and trust totally in Him. We think that we can do things on our own and our way. Giving in to the Lord and letting Him lead just isn’t in our nature.

I would like to tell you a story about a miracle that happened to my husband and me when we let God lead our lives. I had lost my job. We had used up every option to keep the house. I wasn’t able to go back to the work force due to my illness. I was waiting for SSDI to come through for 2 yrs. We had to make a very difficult decision to put the house on the market knowing that we would not make any profit on the sale. We didn’t have much money to spare, we didn’t know where we were going to go, but we had faith in God. We prayed and gave our future and our burdens to God.

About 5 yrs before, I had looked at apartments for when the kids would be grown up, and we would downsize for retirement. Have you ever walked into a place and just felt like it was home? That is the feeling I felt in the apartment I found, but it wasn’t the right time. So I gave the landlord my name and told her to let me know when the apartment was available again. Over the years I had checked in with her and the apartment was never available. Two weeks after we put the house on the market out of the blue the landlord called me to tell me the apartment was going to be open in 3 months if I was still interested. God had found us a place to live. One that I knew already felt like home. The first miracle from God.

We still had two problems for God to solve before we could move. The apartment didn’t allow pets and we didn’t have a buyer for the house. We had a wonderful 10 yr old dog called Morgan who we loved very much and no one to take him in. I called, emailed and thought about every option; we prayed that someone would come forward and give our baby puppy a good home. Time was short and neither a buyer nor someone to take Morgan had appeared. We made our plans for the move, we packed, and prayed.

One month before moving day I received a phone call from a man we didn’t know. He told us he had gotten an email with just our phone number and a short message “Dog needs good home”. He didn’t know who sent it or why he called, but he knew he had too. We talked for days about what we wanted for Morgan, and got to know him. Morgan liked him right away. He lived close to us and agreed we could come any time to see Morgan. After a trial weekend we let him take Morgan home with him. It was the saddest day for us. Losing the house was one thing, but losing my baby who kept me company everyday and never left my side was truly painful. The week after Morgan left we found a buyer for the house. To this day I tell everyone God gave Mike our phone number for we have never figured out who sent that email. Mike was our second miracle and the buyer was the third.

The miracle of Morgan was two fold Mike needed him too. He had suffered great professional and physical loss that year. He was sick, depressed and out of hope when the email came. He told me that email saved his life, Morgan had saved his life. For Mike had given up, and then Morgan gave him the love and hope he needed to go on. God knew Mike’s heart and he granted him a miracle too. Morgan died Sept 2007, I still miss him.

There have been many more miracles since then both big and small. Just when I think we are at our lowest and there is no hope God grants us another miracle. We have been truly blessed, our faith has grown stronger and the miracles have never stopped. So although I know how hard it is to give your burdens to the Lord completely. I can tell you from experience God does hear our prayers; He will carry our burdens and give us miracles.

 “Lord, even when I have trouble all around me, you will keep me alive. When my enemies are angry, you will reach down and save me by your power.” Psalm 138:7

“Jesus said, “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust in me.” John 14:1

“I leave you peace; my peace I give you. I do not give it to you as the world does. So don’t let your hearts be troubled or afraid.” John 14:27

“We have troubles all around us, but we are not defeated. We do not know what to do, but we do not give up hope of living. We are persecuted, but God does not leave us. We are hurt sometimes, but we are not destroyed.” 2 Corinthians 4:3-9

By Garden Angel

No comments:

Site Meter